As an educator, I am all about providing others with more than one learning resource. If you are a social media marketer, you know how important it is to keep up with the ever changing landscape of social media. It takes more than one learning resource to stay informed, but which educators/bloggers in this space should you follow? A good starting point are blogs but which ones?
Each year Social Media Examiner runs a blogging contest, which they narrow down to 20 finalists and then pick 10 winners for their annual Top 10 Social Media blogs. I read this post every year but this year, I decided that not only is it important for you to know about the Top 10 winners but you should know about the Top 20 finalists (Social Media Examiner posts both lists.) All are ones that you should evaluate to decide which ones work best for what you need to learn. Let’s get started…
TOP 10 Social Media Blog Winners of 2015
This year’s Top 10 best social media blogs of the year is comprised of an amazing list of bloggers, providing learning content on an array of helpful topics such as Facebook Marketing, Blogging, Google, Visual Content Marketing, Social Media Tools, LinkedIn and much more. It’s a smorgasbord of topics, so step up to the social buffet and pick what is useful to you.
TOP 20 Finalists
While there could only be 10 winners (some of which are in the list below), all in the Top 20 finalist list produce excellent content. The ones that I have marked in pink are those that I follow regularly.
- Actionable Marketing Guide
- Antonio Calero
- Boom Social
- Buffer Social
- Convince & Convert
- Hot in Social Media
- Jenn’s Trends
- Jon Loomer (Facebook Advertising)
- Mike Gingerich (co-owner of TabSite and President of Digital Hill Media. This man is a marketing machine.)
- Peg Fitzpatrick (co-author of The Art of Social Media)
- Plus Your Business (Martin Shervington is a Google power house and creator of Plus Your Business Academy)
- RazorSocial (Ian Cleary is all about social media tools. This sweet and tech savvy Irish Man is the ‘Tool Man’ of social media.)
- Rebekah Radice ( Rebekah is a social media content machine and it’s all great.)
- Simply Measured
- Socially Sorted (I adore Donna Moritz. You will learn from this Australian power house of knowledge. She is the queen of visual content.)
- Top Dog Social Media (Melonie Dodaro is the author of The LinkedIn Code.)
I know from 25 years of corporate technology business training and 8 years in the social media marketing space that it takes more than one learning resource to stay on the cutting edge. These 20 social media blogs are amazing learning resources. I suggest that you also add Social Media Examiner to your social media blog list. Mike Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner picks only the best of the best to write for his wildly popular online magazine.
Happy social learning! ~ Donna